August 3, 2017 – Waseen, Inc. is looking for a Production Supervisor
Job Posting – Production Supervisor
Come join our team! Waseen, Inc. is hiring a First Shift Production Supervisor. Waseen, Inc. is a fast-growing food and feed probiotic supplement manufacturer with a commitment to quality products and excellent service to our customers. We offer a benefits package that includes health insurance benefits with health and wellness discounts, 401K match, vacation and holiday pay. Experience in food production or feed production is preferred, but a positive attitude and incredible work ethic is required.
The Production Supervisor is a member of the plant leadership team. Under direction of the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day manufacturing operations. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that their team is properly scheduled, trained and provided the direction and motivation needed to meet Key Performance Indicators to include Employee and Food Safety (GMPs), efficiency and product yield. Provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through teamwork and continuous improvement projects and initiatives. As our company continues to grow, this position will have direct input into how we continue to grow in a manner that meets the needs for increased capacity.
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility.
- Control, lead and direct productivity, safety and quality through leadership and organization to ensure on-time production and delivery of quality products.
- Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities.
- Supervise the safety of employees and operation of all equipment to prevent injury to personnel and/or damage to equipment and property.
- Participate in the development of and enforces company policies and procedures (HACCP and GMP).
- Develops and maintains accurate records, makes mathematical computations, and prepares production reports.
- Trains and instructs employees regarding production, equipment, and safety standards and processes.
- Must ensure preventative maintenance is performed as required by company.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for food safety and environmental impacts.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Trouble-shoot any production/processing problems.
- Assist other personnel as needed, and will perform other duties essential to the department as requested by the Director of Operations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively with a growing company.
- Strong accountability, consistency and follow-through skills.
- Strong team player with strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to use a calculator to do basic computations.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to read and understand batch records.
- Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Must have the ability to lift over 55 lbs and physically perform requirements of the job.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack is preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- High School Diploma or equivalent at minimum, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
1-5 year of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing, farming or agriculture environment preferred.
- 1-5 year of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing, farming or agriculture environment preferred.
- HACCP certification preferred
- HACCP, GMP, SOP and FSMA knowledge preferred.
The company is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Attn: HR Department
2018 S 1st Street, Suite 368
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org