Quality Technician – Microbiology
Come join our team! Waseen, Inc. is hiring a Quality Technician
Waseen, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-oriented, human food and animal feed probiotic supplement manufacturer. We are committed to providing quality products and excellent service to our customers. Waseen’s employees enjoy a benefits package that includes health insurance benefits, 401K match, vacation and holiday pay. Starting pay for this position is $15.00 per hour. This position offers an opportunity for future growth within the company.
Under direction of the Lead Quality and Research Microbiologist, the Quality Technician is responsible for performing laboratory testing and ensuring compliance with specifications. This is a full-time, first shift position with occasional weekend hours.
- Perform enumeration testing of microbial, samples including: aseptic technique, serial dilutions.
- Maintaining daily logs and updating laboratory data
- Preparing media for enumerations and maintaining inventory
- Understand and follow GMP & GLP practices as they relate to food safety
- Maintain Environmental Monitoring Program by swabbing, testing and analysis
- Maintain raw material sampling, testing and approval
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness/sanitation
- Assist with plant walk throughs and GMP Audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, or similar field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have working knowledge of pipettor’s, autoclave, scales and flow hoods
- Possess strong mathematical proficiency – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure
- Ability to perform metric conversions, and understand scientific notation
- Able to utilize date, problem solve, and use critical thinking. Strong communication and listening skills.
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Some knowledge of food/feed manufacturing
- HACCP, GMP, SOP practices
- Laboratory coursework pertaining to biology or microbiology, internship in laboratory setting
- The employee must have a full range of body motion, including the use of hands and fingers, bending, reaching, and moving from one work station to another.
- May occasionally need to stand for up to 2 hours, and lift up to 50 pounds
The company is an equal opportunity employer. Recent/upcoming graduates are encouraged to apply. Applicants may be subject to drug screening, and a criminal background check.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter no later than October 26, 2018 to:
Attn: HR Department
5711 W. Douglas Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Or by email to: email@example.com