Associate Quality Microbiologist
Come join our team! Waseen, Inc. is hiring an Associate Quality Microbiologist
Waseen, Inc. is a fast-growing, and diverse, food and feed probiotic supplement manufacturer with a commitment to quality products and excellent service to our customers. We offer a benefits package that includes health insurance benefits 401K match, vacation and holiday pay, as well as paid employee and family social outings. Experience in a microbiology or molecular biology lab, with HACCP/GMP/FSMA, is preferred but a positive attitude and incredible work ethic is required. This position offers an opportunity for future growth within the company.
Position Summary: Under direction of the Lead Quality and Research Microbiologist, the Associate Quality Microbiologist is responsible for performing laboratory testing and assisting with research projects. This individual will be involved with updating and reviewing SOP’s and protocols. They will take on special projects as directed by the Lead Quality and Research Microbiologist. They will also play a role in Quality Assurance for all incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products. They will ensure good regulatory compliance, including completing Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPAs), Deviations and out of specifications. They will also be a part of the HACCP and FSMA team at Waseen. This is a full-time, first shift position with occasional weekend hours.
- Assist in tasks related to microbiological and molecular testing of raw materials and finished products.
- Maintain working knowledge of current industry standards and practices pertaining to microbiological and molecular testing.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Maintain accurate records for all laboratory testing.
- Maintain the Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Maintain proper sanitation of the laboratory.
- Perform GMP Walkthroughs and Internal Audits.
- Participate in the enforcement of company policies and procedures (HACCP and GMP).
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for food safety and environmental impacts.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other personnel as needed and perform other duties essential to the department and company as requested by the Lead Quality and Research Microbiologist.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively with a growing company.
- Strong accountability, consistency and follow-through skills.
- Strong team player with strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in common laboratory skills required of microbiologists. This includes: aseptic technique, serial dilutions, gram staining procedures, and preparation of media.
- Intermediate to advanced math skills required.
- Solid grasp of advanced scientific language preferred.
- Critical thinking skills appropriate for advanced problem-solving activities required.
- Must have intellectual aptitude for analyzing data and drawing conclusions based on current guidelines, SOP’s, etc.
- Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Strong computer skills are required, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- B.S. degree or higher in Microbiology or similar discipline required.
- Previous experience in the field of biosciences.
- HACCP, GMP, SOP and FSMA knowledge.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to drug/alcohol testing, and a criminal background check.
Deadline for submission is August 3, 2018
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Attn: HR Department
5711 W. Douglas Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Or by email to: email@example.com