We are currently hiring for a Microbial Research Manager
Come join our team! Waseen, Inc. is hiring a Microbial Research Manager
Waseen, Inc. is a fast-growing, and diverse, food and feed probiotic supplement manufacturer with a commitment to quality products and excellent service to our customers. We offer a benefits package that includes health insurance benefits 401K match, vacation and holiday pay, as well as paid employee and family social outings. Experience in a research management in microbiology and/or molecular biology with Probiotics and DFM is preferred but a positive attitude and incredible work ethic is required. This position offers an opportunity for future growth within the company.
Seeking an experienced, highly self-motivated and resourceful research development professional with a strong desire to work in a collaborative startup environment. Knowledge of animal nutrition and microbial products for animal and human consumption is preferred. The position will also support strategic research development to effectively address customer and company needs. The position is responsible for developing and performing projects to develop new products, managing cutting edge research, breakthrough scientific concepts and technologies, and conducting data analysis. Most importantly, this position will develop and create new, innovative products for Waseen.
- Design and conduct studies that focus on novel ideas and products.
- Conduct data analysis and report writing.
- Responsible for answering technical questions and handling technical issues related to current and future products.
- Responsible for providing a broad range of microbiological expertise to support the discovery and development of new microbial products and applications.
- Extensive hands-on laboratory experience is assay development
- Responsible for implementation of experimental design and data documentation processes.
- Propose new products and product improvements to senior management.
- Leads in strategic visioning, IP, and assessment of emerging technologies.
- Maintains expertise in the field of microbiology and molecular biology.
- Work to continually improve processes and efficiencies.
- Participation in meetings and site visits with current and potential customers.
- Attend research meetings.
- Understand and keep current with customer needs, competitive forces, and changing technology.
- Follow all applicable instructions relative to food safety and FSSC 22000 certification, including Hygiene & Employee GMPs
- Understand and follow GMP & GLP practices as they relate to food safety.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, and a desire to learn and tackle new challenges.
- Knowledge and experience with microbiology and molecular biology methods.
- Strong understanding of the connection between microbial physiology and organisms
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under frequent time pressures
- Ability to solve complex problems with strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Strong sense of customer service, collaboration, and relationship management
- Attention to detail and good laboratory practice
- Strong desire to grow, learn, and adopt new technologies and techniques for product improvements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to chemicals, potentially loud noises, and high temperature/pressure equipment.
This is a position that often requires standing for a long period of time. Some of the job though can be performed while seated if necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, 40 hours a week. You may be required to work over 40 hours certain weeks, depending on workload.
Occasional travel to meetings and conferences.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in field of biosciences with 5 years of working experience in related fields OR
- S. degree in the field of biosciences with 10 years of working experience in related fields
The company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to drug/alcohol testing, and a criminal background check.
Deadline for submission is November 22, 2019
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Attn: HR Department
5711 W. Douglas Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org